The post holder will be responsible to ensure effective financial and management accounting across DGCX/DCCC including accounting, financial planning & reporting, inputs for commercial strategy planning & management, treasury operations. The incumbent will provide financial guidance and inputs to the CEO and budget holders in accordance with the vision and business strategy. The postholder will be the appointed Company Secretary.
Key Area of Responsibility
- Planning and annual business planning activities
- Accounting and finance structure, policies and procedures.
- Commercial Revenue Optimization
- Leadership Management
- Budgetary Controls
- MI Reporting
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in, finance or related areas of specialisation – CA / ACCA / MBA / CPA
- At least 12 years of experience of which the last 5 in a senior managerial capacity within financial services sector
- Track record in financial planning and analysis, management reporting and achieving financial objectives.
- Demonstrate solid business judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of standard accounting principles and procedures.
- Meticulous, analytical with strong financial knowledge of local/international market and regulations.
- Demonstrate technical and professional competence required to perform responsibilities and accomplish objective.
- Support Business Strategy and Business Development
- Managing people and developing others
- Communication and personal effectiveness
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information and transactions
- Ability to apply strong financial analytics to solve business problems.
- High integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial information.
- Pro-active in seeking solutions, demonstrates a sense of urgency, pushes self and others for results, seeks continuous improvement in job related areas and self-development