Silver is usually termed as poor man’s Gold. A soft, white, lustrous transition metal, it possesses the highest electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and reflectivity of any metal. The metal occurs naturally in its pure, free form (native silver) and as an alloy with gold and other metals. Most silver is produced as a byproduct of copper, gold, lead, and zinc refining. Silver has been used for thousands of years for ornaments and utensils, trade, and as the basis for many monetary systems. Its value as a precious metal was long considered second only to gold.
Silver futures contract was the second contract launched on DGCX platform and offers international benchmark pricing contract for investors, speculators, hedgers and arbitragers.
- Trade your views on the International benchmark Silver prices
- Arbitrage opportunity with the highly correlated Silver contract based on Indian and other international benchmark prices.
- Benefit from margin offset provided by DCCC for inter-commodity spreads
- Low cost structure
- USD denominated, Intention matching mechanism for delivery
- Lot size of 1,000 troy ounces (Approx. 31 KG)
- Tick size of USD 0.005 per troy ounce and tick value of USD 5
- Efficient margining for optimal leverage
- 5 contract months (covering approximately a calendar year) available at any given point of time
- Live prices available under marketwatch link on DGCX website
Contract Parameters Contract Type Future Contract Name Silver Contract Symbol DS Underlying 1,000 Troy Ounces (30kg) Silver cast in one bar, minimum fineness 0.999 Contract Size 1,000 Troy Ounces Notional Contract Value 1,000 x Price Trading Currency USD Settlement Currency USD Price Quote US Dollars per Troy Ounce Tick Size US$ 0.005 Tick Value US$ 5 Settlement Basis Physical Delivery Final Cash Settlement Price (FCSP) FCSP is based on the publicly available reference price displayed on Last Trading Day Last Trading Day (LTD) Two business days prior to the last Business Day of the contract month Trading Days Exchange Business Days Trading Hours 07:00 – 23:55 Hours Dubai time Trading Months February, April, June, August and November New Contract Listing Business Day immediately following the Last Trading Day Max Order Size 200 Lots Wholesale Trades Block Trade minimum size threshold: 50 lots. EFP/EFS also available. Trades must be submitted 15 minutes after execution Delivery Process Delivery through DMCC DGR system Delivery margin 5 x initial margin No Cancellation Range See link: www.dgcx.ae/price-limits
Expiry Month Expiry Code Last Trading Day Notice Day Delivery Day Dec'18 DS-20181128 28 Nov 2018 28 Nov 2018 29 Nov 2018 Mar'19 DS-20190226 26 Feb 2019 26 Feb 2019 27 Feb 2019 May'19 DS-20190426 26 Apr 2019 26 Apr 2019 29 Apr 2019 Jul'19 DS-20190626 26 Jun 2019 26 Jun 2019 27 Jun 2019 Sep'19 DS-20190828 28 Aug 2019 28 Aug 2019 29 Aug 2019