JPY – USD Futures
Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange provides local participants with futures contracts in the world major six currencies that are the Euro (EUR), Pound Sterling (GBP), Japanese Yen (JPY), Swiss Franc (CHF), Canadian Dollar (CAD) and Australian Dollar (AUD) versus the USD.
These currency pairs are the most traded in the world. The exchange offers these contracts for hedging and trading in a secure and regulated environment, without remittance of and money overseas. The contracts are deliverable and hence ideal for corporate organization and trading companies to hedge their exposures.
- Three month contracts to match with most import export exposures
- Deliverable products
- Small contract size suitable for traders and organizations with smaller exposures
- The contracts are quoted as turtle contracts so that profit and loss is realized in USD
- One of the only regulated platforms offering major currency futures in the entire GCC region
- Margins are accepted in UAE Dirhams so you can take exposure using local currency
- UAE is a Tax Free jurisdiction ensuring no tax liability arising out of accrued profit
- Market hours from 7.00 AM till 11.55 AM UAE time
- Overlaps most trading zones including Europe and United States
Contract Parameters Contract Symbol DJPY Underlying Japan Yen Contract Size ¥ 5,000,000 Notional Contract Value ¥ 5,000,000 Trading Currency US Dollar Settlement Currency US Dollar Price Quote US$ quoted in Cents per 100 ¥ Tick Size US$ 0.000001 per ¥ or US$ 5 per tick Tick Value US$ 5 Settlement Physically Settled Last Day of Trading Two Business days before third Wednesday of expiry month Trading Days Monday through to Friday Trading Hours 07:00 - 23:55 Hours Dubai time (GMT+4) Trading Months Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec New Contract Listing Business day immediately folloing the last trading day Max Order Size 500 lots for Banks and institutions promoted by Banks. All other entities 200 Lots Daily Price Movement Limit No Price Limits - Note 1* Initial Margin based on SPAN Click on the "Initial Margin" TAB Calendar Spread Margin 100% benefits is offered on calendar spread positions Delivery Period Margin Five times the Initial Margin Note 1*: For the avoidance of "fat finger" errors, price band shall be 1.5 US Cents from previous settlement price If price breaches the daily price movement limit, trading in particular contract shall continue, with the new trading price range without any cooling period
Expiry Month Expiry Code Last Trading Day Notice Day Delivery Day Dec'18 DJPY-20181217 17 Dec 2018 17 Dec 2018 19 Dec 2018 Mar'19 DJPY-20190318 18 Mar 2019 18 Mar 2019 20 Mar 2019 Jun'19 DJPY-20190617 17 Jun 2019 17 Jun 2019 19 Jun 2019 Sep'19 DJPY-20190916 16 Sep 2019 16 Sep 2019 18 Sep 2019