Gold is one of the oldest and well-known products used for investment in the history of human existence. The investments in gold have traditionally been to hedge against inflation. For majority of the diversified investment funds, gold is a must have product in the portfolio.
DGCX Gold futures contract provides the international benchmark pricing Gold contract for investors, speculators, hedgers and arbitragers. Gold futures contract was the first contract launched on DGCX platform in 2005 and has traded more than 5.4 million lots since then.
- Trade your views on the International benchmark Gold prices
- Arbitrage opportunity with the highly correlated gold contract based on Indian and other international benchmark prices.
- Benefit from margin offset provided by DCCC for inter-commodity spreads
- Low cost structure
- USD denominated, Intention matching mechanism for delivery
- Lot size of 32 troy ounces (Approx. 1 KG)
- Tick size of USD 0.10 per troy ounce and tick value of USD 3.2
- Efficient margining for optimal leverage
- 6 contract months (covering approximately a calendar year) available at any given point of time
- Live prices available under marketwatch link on DGCX website
Contract Parameters Contract Type Future Contract Name Gold Contract Symbol DG Underlying 31.99 Troy Ounces (1kg), cast in one bar of 0.995 Fineness, accompanied by original Refiner’s Certificate Contract Size 32 Troy Ounces (approx. 1kg) Notional Contract Value 32 x Price Trading Currency USD Settlement Currency USD Price Quote US Dollars per Troy Ounce Tick Size US$ 0.10 Tick Value US$ 3.20 Settlement Basis Physical Delivery Final Cash Settlement Price (FCSP) FCSP is based on the publicly available reference price displayed on Last Trading Day Last Trading Day (LTD) Two Business Days prior to the last Business Day of the contract month Trading Days Exchange Business Days Trading Hours 07:00 – 23:55 Hours Dubai time Trading Months January, March, May, July, September and November New Contract Listing Business Day immediately following the Last Trading Day Max Order Size 200 Lots Wholesale Trades Block Trade minimum size threshold: 50 lots. EFP/EFS also available. Trades must be submitted 15 minutes after execution Delivery Process Delivery through DMCC DGR system Delivery Margin 5 x initial margin No Cancellation Range See link: www.dgcx.ae/price-limits
Expiry Month Expiry Code Last Trading Day Notice Day Delivery Day Dec'18 DG-20181128 28 Nov 2018 28 Nov 2018 29 Nov 2018 Feb'19 DG-20190129 29 Jan 2019 29 Jan 2019 30 Jan 2019 Apr'19 DG-20190327 27 Mar 2019 27 Mar 2019 28 Mar 2019 Jun'19 DG-20190529 29 May 2019 29 May 2019 30 May 2019 Aug'19 DG-20190729 29 Jul 2019 29 Jul 2019 30 Jul 2019 Oct'19 DG-20190926 26 Sep 2019 26 Sep 2019 27 Sep 2019