AUD – USD Futures
Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange provides local participants with futures contracts in the world major six currencies that are the Euro (EUR), Pound Sterling (GBP), Japanese Yen (JPY), Swiss Franc (CHF), Canadian Dollar (CAD) and Australian Dollar (AUD) versus the USD.
These currency pairs are the most traded in the world. The exchange offers these contracts for hedging and trading in a secure and regulated environment, without remittance of and money overseas. The contracts are deliverable and hence ideal for corporate organization and trading companies to hedge their exposures.
- Three month contracts to match with most import export exposures
- Deliverable products
- Small contract size suitable for traders and organizations with smaller exposures
- The contracts are quoted as turtle contracts so that profit and loss is realized in USD
- One of the only regulated platforms offering major currency futures in the entire GCC region
- Margins are accepted in UAE Dirhams so you can take exposure using local currency
- UAE is a Tax Free jurisdiction ensuring no tax liability arising out of accrued profit
- Market hours from 7.00 AM till 11.55 AM UAE time
- Overlaps most trading zones including Europe and United States
Contract Parameters Contract Type Future Contract Name Australian Dollar/US Dollar Contract Symbol DAUD Underlying Australian Dollar Contract Size AUD 50,000 Notional Contract Value AUD 50,000 Trading Currency USD Settlement Currency USD Price Quote US Dollars quoted in Cents per AUD Tick Size US$ 0.0001 Tick Value US$ 5.00 Settlement Basis Physically Delivered Final Cash Settlement Price (FCSP) FCSP is based on the publicly available AUD/USD reference rate displayed on Last Trading Day Last Trading Day (LTD) Two Business Days prior to the third Wednesday of the expiry month Delivery Day Third Wednesday of expiry month Trading Days Exchange Business Days* Trading Hours 07:00 – 23:55 Hours Dubai time Trading Months Quarterly: March, June, September and December New Contract Listing Business Day immediately following the Last Trading Day Max Order Size 200 Lots Wholesale Trades Block Trade minimum size threshold: 50 lots. EFP/EFS also available. Trades must be submitted 15 minutes after execution Delivery Margin 5 x initial margin No Cancellation Range See link: www.dgcx.ae/price-limits
Expiry Month Expiry Code Last Trading Day Notice Day Delivery Day Dec'18 DAUD-20181217 17 Dec 2018 17 Dec 2018 19 Dec 2018 Mar'19 DAUD-20190318 18 Mar 2019 18 Mar 2019 20 Mar 2019 Jun'19 DAUD-20190617 17 Jun 2019 17 Jun 2019 19 Jun 2019 Sep'19 DAUD-20190916 16 Sep 2019 16 Sep 2019 18 Sep 2019